Adam B. Cohen
- Media Contact
Adam Cohen's main research interests fuse cultural, social, and personality psychology. He is interested in how religious differences function as cultural differences, affecting domains including religious identity and motivation, well-being, moral judgment, forgiveness, and the like. Professor Cohen is also interested in applying evolutionary theory to religion.
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Ethics and Morality
- Evolution and Genetics
- Interpersonal Processes
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Self and Identity
Research Group or Laboratory:
- Cohen, A. B. (2013). Culture reexamined: Broadening our understanding of social and evolutionary influences. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Abramowitz, J., Huppert, J., Cohen, A., Cahill, S. P., & Tolin, D. F. (2002). Religious obsessions and compulsions in a non-clinical sample: The Penn Inventory of Scrupulosity. Behavior Research and Therapy.
- Cherfas, L., Rozin, P., Cohen, A., Davidson, A., & McCauley, C. (2006). The framing of atrocities: Documenting and exploring wide variation in aversion to Germans and German-related activities among Holocaust survivors. Peace and Conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology.
- Cohen, A. (2003). Religion, likelihood of action, and the morality of mentality. International Journal for the Psychology of Religion.
- Cohen, A., Hall, D. E., Koenig, H. G., & Meador, K. G. (2005). Social versus individual motivation: Implications for normative definitions of religious orientation. Personality & Social Psychology Review.
- Cohen, A., Malka, A., Rozin, P., & Cherfas, L. (2006). Religion and unforgivable offenses. Journal of Personality.
- Cohen, A., Pierce, J. D., Jr., Meade, R., Chambers, J., Gorvine, B. J., & Koenig, H. G. (2005). Intrinsic and extrinsic religiosity, belief in the afterlife, death anxiety, and life satisfaction in young Catholic and Protestant adults. Journal of Research in Personality.
- Cohen, A., & Rankin, A. (2004). Religion and the morality of positive mentality. Basic and Applied Social Psychology.
- Cohen, A., & Rozin, P. (2001). Religion and the morality of mentality. Journal of Personality & Social Psychology.
- Cohen, A., Rozin, P., & Keltner, D. (2004). Different religions, different emotions. Behavioral & Brain Sciences.
- Cohen, A., Siegel, J. I., & Rozin, P. (2003). Faith versus practice: Different bases for religiosity judgments by Jews and Protestants. European Journal of Social Psychology.
- First-Year Seminar
- Research Methods
- Social Psychology
Adam B. Cohen
Department of Psychology
P.O. Box 861104
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona 85287-1104
United States of America
- Phone: (490) 965-7345